(Fellow of the Canadian Condominium Institute)
What is an FCCI?
CCI may elevate a current or former CCI professional associate to the status of 'Fellow' of the Canadian Condominium Institute. Fellowship was created to recognize and honour associates whose meritorious service to the Institute or to the condominium community best exemplifies the standards expected by CCI of its professional members.
Fellows of the Canadian Condominium Institute
(Last Updated: December 2020)
|Name||Chapter||Date Honoured||Name||Chapter||Date Honoured|
|Joan Agnew||London||Nov-07||William Kerr||N. Alberta||Nov-04|
|Maria Bartolotti||South Alberta||Nov-2014||Allan King||N. Alberta||Nov-07|
|Marc Bateman||S. Alberta||Nov-06||Don Kramer||N. Alberta||Nov-98|
|Larry Beeston||Manitoba||Nov-98||Michael Lander||London||Nov-02|
|Jamie Bleay||Vancouver||Nov-2013||Denise Lash||Toronto||Nov-04|
|Heather Bonnycastle||S. Alberta||May-02||Peter Leong||Toronto||Nov-99|
|Patrick Cassidy||Atlantic||Nov-98||Edie Lipson||Manitoba||Nov-03|
|Ron Clarke||S. Alberta||Nov-98||David George Medhurst||National||Nov-99|
|Gina Cody||Toronto||Nov-01||Emmanuel Mirth||N. Alberta||Nov-06|
|Sandi Cooper||N. Alberta||Nov-01||John Oakes||Toronto||Nov-06|
|Kim Coulter||Golden Horseshoe||Nov-07||Richard Pearlstein||Toronto||Nov-11|
|Ron Danks||Golden Horseshoe||Nov-02||John Peart||Ottawa||Nov-03|
|James M. Davidson||Ottawa||Nov-06||Jeffrey Philips||London||Nov-05|
|David Duncan||Ottawa||Nov-01||Colin Presizniuk||N. Alberta||Nov-02|
|Hugh Falconar||N. Alberta||Nov-98||Janice Pynn||Toronto||Nov-03|
|Jonathan Fine||National||Nov-99||Ailean Reid||Ottawa||Nov-98|
|Maria Finoro||Golden Horseshoe||Nov-2014||Karen Reynolds||Golden Horseshoe||Nov-06|
|Mark Freedman||National||Nov-98||Craig Robson||Golden Horseshoe||Nov-05|
|Robert Gardiner||Toronto||Nov-99||Alvin Rosenberg||National||Nov-99|
|Robert Giesbrecht||Manitoba||Nov-99||Mickey Rosenberg||Manitoba||Nov-01|
|Bob Girard||Toronto||Nov-09||Lucien Roy||N. Alberta||Nov-09|
|Fran Graff||Ottawa||Nov-04||Barry Scott||London||Nov-04|
|Connie Grant||London||Nov-98||Susan Size||London||Nov-06|
|Fraser Grant||London||Nov-09||Helena Smith||North Alberta||Nov-2013|
|Peter Harris||Toronto||Nov-07||Penman Smith||Golden Horseshoe||Nov-98|
|Joan Harrower||N. Alberta||Nov-05||Andrea Thielk||Windsor||Nov-09|
|Yehudi Hendler||National||Nov-99||Bill Thompson||Toronto||Nov-10|
|Harry Herskowitz||Toronto||Nov-09||Evelyn Thompson||S. Alberta||Nov-10|
|Larry Holmes||Windsor||Nov-07||Park Thompson||Toronto||Nov-2014|
|Brian Horlick||Toronto||Nov-11||Judy Walker||S. Alberta||Nov-11|
|Deborah Howes||N. Alberta||Nov-99||Rob Weinberg||Toronto||Nov-19|
|Gerald Hyman||Toronto||Nov-98||Barry Widman||Toronto||Nov-02|
|Steven Karr||Toronto||Nov-05||Ray Wilson||Golden Horseshoe||Nov-03|
|Robert Kelly||S. Alberta||Nov-01|
How Does Someone Qualify?
1. The nominee must be a current or former Professional Associate, (an ACCI holder) of CCI;
2. Nominees must have distinguished themselves by:
a) their active participation in CCI as a volunteer at either the chapter or national level;
b) their outstanding service to the condominium community at a local, provincial or national level;
c) their promotion of CCI and its Mission Statement;
d) a singular achievement that has a significant and beneficial impact on CCI or the condominium community at the national, provincial or chapter level.
How can We Nominate Someone?
- The individual must be nominated by three (3), members in good standing of CCI. The nominee shall NOTbe advised of his or her nomination in advance;
- The nomination form issued by the National Board must be used and be fully completed. The form (PDF format) can be downloaded by clicking here.
- An original copy of the nomination form is to be forwarded to the Chair of the Membership Committee. A facsimile is acceptable. A form sent by E-mail is acceptable provided the original, (signed) copy is received within the stipulated time, (see 6 below);
- A copy of the nomination form is to be retained by, (or forwarded to) the Board of Directors of the chapter which the nominee is affiliated with;
- All nomination forms must be delivered to the national office by no later than September 1st, in any given year in order that the FCCI recipients can be approved and, if applicable, be awarded their FCCI at the Annual General Meeting, ("AGM") of CCI; and
- If it appears unlikely that the recipient of the FCCI will attend the National AGM the persons nominating the individual must indicate on the nomination form under the heading of "Other Information" where and when the FCCI will be presented to the recipient by the Board of the chapter with which the recipient is affiliated.
Who Approves The Nomination?
- The Membership Committee of the National Board of Directors of CCI will review the nomination and make its recommendation to the National Board of Directors as to whether the nominee should or should not receive the FCCI. The Membership Committee may request that further information concerning the nominee be provided to assist it in making its recommendation.
- The person nominated must be a member of the nominating chapter, nominations by others must be submitted to the Chapter and approved by the Chapter. The Chapter must review all nominations and the most deserving member should be nominated for the award.
- The National Board has the right and ability to present exceptions to the rules where warranted and agreed to by the Board.
- The National Board of Directors of CCI will determine whether or not the FCCI shall be awarded but shall, in making its decision, take into consideration the Membership Committee’s recommendations.
- If the nomination is rejected by the National Board of Directors, the Membership Committee will so notify those individuals making the nomination and the Board of Directors for the chapter with which the nominee is affiliated. There is no appeal for this decision but the individual may be nominated again during the following fiscal year of the corporation.
- If the National Board approves of the awarding of the FCCI the Membership Committee shall notify the recipient as soon as is possible, unless requested not to by the Board of the Chapter with which the recipient is affiliated, (eg. to allow the local board some opportunity to prepare for a formal presentation — this should be noted in the nomination form) and shall also notify the Board of Directors of the chapter with which the recipient is affiliated.
How Is the FCCI Awarded?
The recipient of the FCCI will receive a certificate from the National Board in recognition of the award and will be entitled to use the designation "ACCI, FCCI";
The FCCI certificate will be presented to the recipient at the National AGM and/or National Awards Dinner.
If the recipient cannot attend the National AGM, the certificate may be presented by the chapter with which the recipient is affiliated at such time and place as that chapter's board shall determine;
A list of the FCCI recipients will be published in the next National Newsletter issued after the National AGM. Chapters are encouraged to publicize the awarding of the FCCI in their own newsletters and in the local press.
Are There Any Limitations On The FCCI?
Only one individual may be nominated for FCCI from each chapter together with one from the National Board of CCI in each fiscal year.
Where Can I Obtain More Information?
For further information concerning the FCCI please contact your local Chapter or the Chair of the National Membership Committee.
c/o Canadian Condominium Institute
2800 - 14th Ave., Suite 210
Tel: (416) 491-6216
Fax: (416) 491-1670